# Redeploy A frontend APP To CKAN Cloud
# Make changes to a deployed instance
Let’s say you need to make several changes to the frontend app we created in Deploy Frontend APP To CKAN Cloud:
- Enable a new theme.
- Deploy the latest version of frontend-v2
- Updating Environment variables.
# Enable a new theme
All you need to do is update the Dockerfile. Frontend applications are Node-js apps that are cloned in the
- Go to https://gitlab.com/viderum/cloud-deploy-demo-exercise-ng/edit/master/Dockerfile
- Uncomment the commented part (remove)
# RUN git clone https://cloud-service-account:[email protected]/datopian/clients/[client-id] ./themes/client-id # RUN cd client-id && yarn && cd -
- Replace the
[client-id]with the actual client name and save the changes.
Note: Client repos are usually private. You can re-use the token for the
# Update environment variables
In order to add/remove/update environment variables, you only need to change them in the
Dockerfile. See other environment variables as an example. The conventon is:
# Deploy the new version of frontend-v2
We are not versioning frontend-v2, so all you need to do is trigger the latest GitLab-CI build.
- Go to https://gitlab.com/viderum/cloud-deploy-demo-exercise-ng
- Click the Green tick button and restart
This will trigger a new build, and the new image will include the latest commits from the master branch
Commit the changes and wait until the build is successful.
If the build is not successful, check its logs. You might have a typo in your branch, release name, etc…
- Open Deploy frontend instance
- Click “Build with Parameters” button
- Click “Build” button
Wait for the successful build, and that’s it! You’ve just deployed your changes to the CKAN cloud servers 🚀